Trump Says US Will Destroy Iran Uranium Regardless of Deal
Speaking in an interview broadcast on Sunday, Trump said, “We’ll take it out and destroy it, whether it’s on-site or whether we take it off-site.”
He further indicated that the United States is prepared to proceed independently if necessary, saying the action would take place “with them, or without them.”
Addressing the possibility of failed negotiations, Trump said the US would remove Iran’s enriched uranium "militarily, very harshly" if no agreement is reached, adding: "We won't have people shooting at us" if the two sides “go together.”
The president also claimed that advanced monitoring capabilities operated by the US Space Force are tracking roughly 1,000 pounds (453.6 kilograms) of enriched uranium believed to be buried beneath the debris of sites that were previously struck.
Highlighting the level of surveillance, Trump remarked: “If anybody walked there, if you walked over there, I would be able to read your first name on your lapel.”
On the status of negotiations, Trump said the two sides appear to be nearing a potential agreement. However, he stressed that any final deal must include additional guarantees ensuring that Iran cannot acquire a nuclear weapon through any avenue.
Legal Disclaimer:
MENAFN provides the
information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We do not accept
any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images,
videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information
contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright
issues related to this article, kindly contact the provider above.
Legal Disclaimer:
EIN Presswire provides this news content "as is" without warranty of any kind. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality, or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have any complaints or copyright issues related to this article, kindly contact the author above.